Do you have any questions?
We have put a selection of general questions together to help you on your journey.
If you find that your question or thought hasn’t been answered within our FAQ section, please contact us through our online form.
What should I wear?
- Something you can move freely in and feel comfortable – and that you won’t need to keep adjusting.
- White-soled trainers are appropriate but you certainly don’t need to spend a fortune on them.
Should I eat beforehand?
- Most of the fuel you burn during exercise comes from the carbohydrates and fat that’s stored in your muscles, liver and fat cells. Therefore, with a healthy balanced diet, you shouldn’t need extra food beforehand. You may prefer to eat afterwards if you have an early morning session or, if you feel dizzy after exercise, you’ll probably want to eat beforehand.
- Advice on pre and post exercise nutrition is available from my associate Sandy Lionello, a fully qualified nutritionist. She can help you overhaul your diet in other areas, too.
What do I need to bring?
I have a water fountain but you may wish to bring your own bottle of water, plus a towel if you want to have a shower afterwards. I provide the energy and motivation!
Is there somewhere I can get changed?
Yes. I have a changing room, complete with a toilet and a shower.
What sort of programme will you devise for me?
One that fully supports whatever goals you set with me. Each session will be different and aimed at toning your arms or abdominal muscles, improving and correcting your posture and/or building overall body strength – whatever it is, we’ll work together to help you achieve it.
Will it hurt?!
I’m often asked this and of course, the answer is a resounding “No”.
Exercise should never cause pain, make you dizzy or be in any way completely beyond you. However, with a personal trainer it should be challenging to some degree. If a particular exercise is too hard, we will modify it; if it hurts, we don’t do it.
This doesn’t mean that everything is easy.
Remember that working out with Body Happy pushes you a little bit further, encourages you to complete that extra rep and is all about development and growth.
In the early stages, your muscles may feel a bit stiff the next day – but that’s good: we’re waking up bits of your body that have been asleep.
How soon will I see results?
- That’s up to you. And a difficult question to answer. It will depend on the work and commitment you put in outside our training sessions. This means that you may need to re-think your diet and exercise for the 98% of the time that we’re not together.
- You’ll feel the results of your training sessions sooner than you see them. Better sleep, improved mood and energy levels and an upgrade in your wellbeing are common anecdotal reports from my clients.
Is there parking outside your studio?
Yes, metered parking is available and finding a space is normally quite easy.
You can download a Brighton and Hove Council Pay by Phone app, or call 01273 458 458 to set up an automatic parking payment account.
How do I get there by public transport?
There are numerous buses (check out buses.co.uk) that stop in the Western Road at Second Avenue.
You’ll see Body Happy as part of the Kingsway Court residential block, near the seafront as you walk down Second Avenue.