The food we consume shows a crucial role in how we look and feel. Frequent exercise is vital but according to many research studies, nutrition has the biggest impact on our overall health. We can use food as our ‘medicine’ to help cell regeneration, increase in lean muscle mass and lowering cholesterol. These are just a few of the benefits that you could achieve with a better nutrition intake.
The fad is now to emphasis on healthy food consumption as a primary health goal. When healthy eating habits become a lifestyle, we gain increased energy level and become happier. Eating right allows us to reduce body fat, increase muscle mass, feel more confident and reduce our risk of illness.
Frequent studies are indicating healthy food intake as the most important part of our fitness programs. Some physicians are teaching healthy eating habits and lifestyle as a way to improve overall health by reducing obesity and related disease.
Here are 5 ways diet can influence your health:
1. Weight Management – Eating proper and exercising regularly can help you avoid excess fat gain and maintain a healthy weight. skipping meals can raise your blood sugar, which increases fat storage. Incorporate at least five servings of fruits and vegetables into your diet per day. These foods, which are low in calories and high in nutrients, help with weight control. Limit consumption of sugary beverages, such fizzy drinks and fruit juices, and choose lean meats like fish and turkey.
2. Uplifts your mood – Doing right by your body pays off for your mind as well. Physical activity stimulates the production of endorphins. Endorphins are brain chemicals that leave you feeling happier and more relaxed. Eating a healthy diet as well as exercising can lead to a better physique. You’ll feel better about your appearance, which can boost your confidence and self-esteem. Short-term benefits of exercise include decreased stress and improved cognitive function.
3. Combats disease – Healthy habits help prevent certain health conditions, such as heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure. If you take care of yourself, you can keep your cholesterol and blood pressure within a safe range. This keeps your blood flowing smoothly, decreasing your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
4. Increases energy levels – We’ve all experienced a lethargic feeling after eating too much unhealthy food. If you eat a balanced diet, your body receives the fuel it needs to manage your energy level. A healthy diet includes: Whole grains, lean meats, low fat dairy products, fruit and vegetables.
5. Increases longevity – By incorporating a well-balanced diet with regular exercise you can increase the length of time you live. Having a good diet can reduce stress levels, lower the risk of disease and help with cell regeneration. All of which play a huge part in your health.